Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Hiya!

I've been a bit quiet lately, tbh have been on a major downer for one reason or another, but am out the other side now! So you'll have to put up with me again ;o)

Lots has been going on from a teaching point of view. I have been asked to teach a couple of lessons. One is to teach the Certificate in Training and Personnel to mature students one evening a week. There other is a modern apprenticeship to 16-19 years old who have left school with no gcse's......................so not much different then!! On both cases half of me is excited and giddy and the other half is screaming at me not to do it! But I am going to do it and I think it is going to be a) the hardest thing I have ever done in my life and b) the best job I have ever had!

Also has some big news the other day, I passed my Maths and English GCSE's! As part of the course we have to retake them to prove an up to date knowledge, which in black and white I think is a good idea but in reality and when I am involved I think it is a pants idea! I took the English one ok but I have a severe issue with maths, not a 'I don't like it' but a horrific terrifying sweating vomiting hatred of it! I completely freaked out and went to pieces.....................and passed! I have NO idea how it happened but it did and I am quite literally in shock! And as Sue knows, I really celebrated and had a double decker ;o)

I have been doing a bit of crafting, just waiting for Sue to hurry up and finish her H page, as me and Em are waiting.........

I've also been doing a bit of beading! I know! I haven't beaded for ages but I got an urge the other week.

And have been planning what chrimbo pressies to do.........and yes I have written a list ;o)

I have a cunning plan and am quite excited by it tbh - but I may change my mind once I start the project - will let you know!

The Boy is on holiday now, being juggled from one place to another bless him but I have managed quite a bit of time off this summer so that should help alot. And we are going to a certain chase la rowntree in the summer and we are already counting the days! I think he would pack if he had a chance!

4 comments:

Steph said...

Hiya! Nice to see you back!

Well Done you on your teaching and on the GCSE's! look at you miss fancy pants!

Hope you are doing ok and sorry to hear you have been feeling down.

Speak soon
Love
Steph

Carol said...

nice to see you back hun :)

I'm so proud of you! i mean, really and trurly gutwrenchingly proud :)

Sorry you've been down :( - i hope it's all sorted out now. You know where i am x

Carolxxx

Anonymous said...

OY!!!!

i have done H (not I though) I know you 2 smart arses have


Well done re exams and teaching - you will rock

I do think breaking out a DD was slighty LAME!!! Lise you need to party show them students how its done!!

Em said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!

You know that I knew you could do it (thanks to all my maths coaching!!!)

Lovely to have you back, can't wait to see your h page! (we're beating Sue, we're beating sue....pmsl)