Sunday, April 27, 2008

A day of smiles

Me, Em, and Carol all went to Sue's house yesterday and I have Sooooooooooooooooo much fun! It felt like it was just a day of smiling and laughing!

I set off at 6am to travel all the way from the Yorkshire Dales, and managed to still get there an hour before the divas! When they finally arrived (they really shouldn't be allowed to travel anywhere together!) we did lots of catching up, and swapped our special cj's. I adore my cj (which Mel and Steph were in too) and thankfully the girls liked theirs too.

We all had a chat with Steph, who unfortunately could not be there, all because of norty Mr Nerdbird and him being a man (and oh I bet he paid for it too!!).

Then we went for a short car ride and Sue took us to Scrap Revolution which was a fab shop and I could've spent a fortune! Unfortunately the terror of the short car ride made me so scared I couldn't even shop properly! OMFG I was so scared, and at one point was sliding all over the back leather seat while Carol and Em were screaming!! Me and Em had to swap on the return journey cos quite frankly Em just refused to sit in the front!

Then we went for a gorgeous pub lunch, but we had to come inside as the children laughing and playing outside were getting on Sue's nerves!

Then we screamed all the way back to the house, where we then spent a few hours telling Carol off for not having more confidence in her stunningly gorgeous and quite frankly irratatingly perfect creations! Don't think she believed us though! Obviously Em couldn't join in too much due to her whiplash - but I'll let her tell you about that (again and again and again........).

Lots more drinks and hummy pineapple cake (all served by Poor Doug) and I got to meet a wonderful 13 year old boy who Sue is soooo mean to, and is no way as bad as she makes out (well.........).

One of the best things about yesterday is that it did not feel like a 'forum meet up', like the names badges, and the card comps and the sometimes falseness of them...........yesterday was about friends meeting for a natter and a lunch (and it was the first time we have been out in public too!) and I wasn't nervous or worried in any way (well apart from when Sue was driving!).

I also got lots of fabby presents, which I have just unpacked and put around my room. And this time we all remembered to bring our cameras and actually take some photos!

Then it started to get late and I had the horrifically long long long journey home, which somehow was shortened from 5 hours to 3.5 hours!!! (just waiting for those speeding fines to plop through my letter box ;o))

So now we just need to agree the next time, cos quite frankly we do not do it enough! and note to self, check with Sue what her outfit is going to be ;o)

Here's some photos from the day - with lots of smiles and laughter.




5 comments:

Steph said...

I am sooooo jealous :( - and yes he was in big trouble!
So glad you had a fab time - when is the next one?

Bex said...

Aww Bless ya all - you look like you had a fab time.
I hope you left Hitchin in one piece as I plan to move back there one day!

Love N Hugs
Bex

Em said...

PMSL!

What a fab re-cap - although I don't think you quite painted the picture of terror that IS Sue's driving as well as I did lmao!!!

Thanks again for everything Lise - I luvs you loads!

xxxxx

Anonymous said...

oooo we did have a great time didn't we!!


shame about the tops!!!

LOL

Love the pressies

Melissa said...

AW Lise sounds like a wicked day!
am gutted i missed it :-(

Those piccies are fabby! Crying our to be made into a mini book!

am so laughing at yours and Sues tops hehehe

xxx