Monday, November 12, 2007

At last - sorry H!

A VERY long time ago *blush* we had a beady swap on CBC. Well I had H as my partner and she sent me the most delicious beads but tbh I was completely out faced by them. I had NO idea what to do with them and I put them on my 'waiting for inspiration' pile (there's quite alot on that pile lol!).

Well a few weeks ago I went to a show in Harrogate and I saw some examples using these beads. So I have adapted what I saw and came up with this:

H's beads are the big ones that are intertwined with the main string. You can't really tell on here but they are really funky and fun, and they are all mine ;o)


So thank you H and as I have said, I am really sorry for it taking so long to make something with them!


Me and Ollie have had a duvet day today. I have been icky all weekend and on the way to work / school this morning, little man had a little accident. It was only little but I didn't want to leave him there knowing that I had been poorly (my mahusive pet hate of parents taking their children to school / nursury when they know the kid is poorly as my boy has missed 3 out of 5 birthdays and christmases due to having major bugs - so it gets me mad mad mad!). Plus I would hate for him to have the humiliation of having a major accident in front of his classmates. So I had a chat with the teacher and I bought him home. Then phoned my boss (man with grown up children) and explained Ol was poorly. ' (sigh)Ok well I'll hope to see you tomorrow then' - and then at 3.30pm rings me begging for me to come in cos they have a major disaster and he can't deal with it. (which of course I did, phewie for grandad's!) So believe me I will be having words with him tomorrow!!


Anyway, there is a point to the ramblings! While I was making H's bracelet, Ol played with some beads and made Lynda a bracelet too. Lynda is my friend who I hold as one of the women who I most admire as a mother, single parent since Jorge was about 2, amazing relationship and the child is wonderful. Now Jorge is 11 now and when I go and see Lynda, Ollie and Jorge play on the playstation. To say Ollie thinks he is a god is an understatement! So when I ask who the bracelet is for, he says well Lynda of course! (am I ok to feel a little jealous cos it was not for me lol?!). So here it Ol's bit of beading today (don't freak, I did the crimp beads and the clasp!):

Wish me luck tomorrow getting a 5 year old to school who has worked out he can have days off if he says he is poorly!




2 comments:

Hazel said...

I love what you've done with the beads you had from H - and Ollie's beading is ace! Hope he's genuinely feeling better tomorrow.

Hazel said...

Happy Birthday, Lisa