Thursday, March 13, 2008

World Book Day

Well Tuesday was World Book day at Ol's school. He has quite a few costumes, so I figured he'd be a Jack Sparrow, or a dragon, or a knight.................oooooooooooh nooooooooooooo he wanted to be a Trex, Well actually a ravenous beast, which is his fav book.

So everyone said I should be really good at making a costume, being creative and everything. I pointed out that I can make necklaces and stuff but have never actually made a dinosaur! So no pressure at all then!

I started making the costume and wanted to check with Em and Sue what I should do with - a shoebox, paint, a green towel, card, elastic. Em wrote back and told me what I should make, which I was making - so woo hoo! Sue wrote back and wished me luck..........how helpful was she?!!

So at 10.45pm I finished it and laid it out on the landing.

In the morning I heard a very loud WOW! I then got a huge hug and told I was nearly as good as grandma at making stuff!

So he went off to school, (surrounded by lots of Jack Sparrows ;o)).

He only won 1st prize out of the whole school!! He won a £10 gift voucher and obviously the pride from his friends lol! And I was told I am now officially better than grandma - yeay!!

He is a little disappointed that he has to spend his book voucher on books but overall quite chuffed!

Em and Sue are trying to take credit for his winning, but I am unashamedly taking FULL credit as I worked WAY too hard to share this!

We have some photos, just need to get them loaded on - so watch this space xx

3 comments:

Em said...

YEAY FOR OLLIE!!!!!!! WELL DONE YOU!!!

Well done Lise for being able to create WHAT I DESCRIBED and allowing Ol to win 1st place!

pmsl!

xxxx

Kathy said...

Well done Ollie and Mummy-Lisa

Carol said...

well done Ollie and Mummy

I personally think that Em and Sue couldn't possibly take any of the credit - cheek LOL