Wednesday, June 21, 2006

My first post!



Well, I have spent so long reading everybody else's blogs - I felt I really needed to do one too! Can't think why anyone would want to read about my day but here we go!

We are one week into our house extension and so far so good (apart from our new bonkers neighbours trying to overturn the planning permission as they did not know about it when they bought the house!!). This week the garage has been taken down and the garden dug up ready for the garderner coming tomorrow. Very excited!!!

Work has been good today. Did a 3 hour workshop on Pandemics - only I would find that exciting! Although all the attendees have thanked me for a good meeting, so once I get people locked in a room with no escape - they WILL like disaster management!

I am trying to finish off the birthday cards for July's birthday club and am struggling with the one on the 1st! Can't think why......;o)

Treatment is going well for my psoriasis. I've been going to St Luke's in Bradford three times a week for the last 6 months for Phototherapy treatment. The hospital is about 45 mins from my house but that's ok cos I am listening to R2 there and back. If I time it right I get to drive home to the Oldies and get to sing all the way home! I am meeting the oddest people while I am there! They all seem to gather in the Dermatology dept for some reason. I also got road raged today - some nutter beeped at me as I wouldn't pull over to let him take over me (in the city centre) and then continued to flash and beep at me for the next 10 mins, whilst driving so far up my bum! Funny, he did leave me alone when I pulled into the Police station. I did try to lose him but I was in a Jimny and he was in an Impreza! What a pleasant man!

Well, there we have it. I gave in at last and hope to keep this up. Please don't feel you have to keep coming back - it was nice to see you this once!

7 comments:

Sue said...

yahoooo I am so nosey I LOVE blogs

Kathy said...

hey there Lissa

Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging!

Lythan said...

welcome to blogdom. Cheaper than therapy and much more fun!

Kelly K said...

Hiya Lise!! I am soooo addicted to blogging and reading other peoples - it's great to see another blogger has joined the ranks :-)

Jane said...

Welcome aboard the blog train Lisa !!

Rachel said...

Hi Lisa

welcome to blogging, look forward to reading more of your "world"

love Rachx

Debbie @ The Shabby Bungalow said...

Lisa - welcome to the world of blogging - it is so late but I am just to addicted to reading other peoples blogs! LOL Have fun :-)