Saturday, June 24, 2006

why there?!

Well, yesterday was a lovely day up until we went to the school's Garden Party. Ollie had been so excited about it all day and I think got a bit too excited! Went in and he went into ultra shy mode (which I knew he would!) and we had a go on the tombola. We didn't win the water pistol and all hell broke loose!

He is 4 and a half now and has never had a major strop...............until now ;o) He went totally mental in front of everyone - I was soooooooooo embaressed and the more I tried to guide him out the door the worse he got. I had to literally drag him out and throw him in the car to calm down. We then went for a walk round the village and ended up at grandma's house (mil). He managed to calm down and we agreed he would do jobs for people and they would pay him. Then once he has saved up his money he can buy a water pistol. So we went back and he was a nice boy. Damage is done though - Mrs Oswald is going to think he is a total nightmare!

To say he is so shy it is painful sometimes, he really did let rip. I think he's saved it up all these years to wait until the most humiliating moment he could!

Today was a good day. We went and picked up DH's new car. It is gorgeous and a bit too posh for my liking but he adores it! He has worked so hard for it and I am really pleased for him. He keeps looking on the drive and sighing!! I think it is love!

I'm doing ok though - have managed to wangle a new set of cheap PINK woolworths stuff like a stereo and tv for my new craft room..........so I'm happy. He has also got a Ipod in the car so I get his MP3 player - so I'm a happy chick today!

Cleaned my car out today as it was a disgrace and I am very proud. Even washed it - must think its her birthday!

One problem with his new car is I got an orchid from the garage. Oh my word - I am soooooo going to kill it! Must have a chat with Kathy and Shal to see what I need to do.

Well that's a happy post - all cool and dandy in my world!!!






Oh almost forgot - Lythan's challenge.........
I've been thinking what I could do as I have so many happy childhood memories (which all seem to be on a warm sunny day?!) but I'm afraid my example is not a happy one - in fact it is so bad it has shaped my whole like.

Every year in Weston-super-Mare there is a winter carnival. Fantastic floats and amazing food etc. Well it always happened on or around my birthday. So my loving and wonderful parent used to tell me it was my birthday party and all the carnival was for me! I was so happy - all those things just for me!

When I found out I was heartbroken. To be fair mum and dad did throw me a party to say sorry at my next brithday. I invited classfriends including David Morgan (sigh) and it was all going well until we decided to have a 'who can eat a twix in one go' competition. All ok until my dad jumped out just when David had started his go............it all got a bit scary when he started to choke but luckily dad was a paramedic so did the hymlic (sp?) on him and bought him back.

So to say to this day I have never had a birthday party is the honest truth - scarred I am!!!

4 comments:

Bex said...

Hiya Lisa.

Ooh sounds like a FAB strop!!!!
And cleaning car - what is up with you???? Mine REALLY needs doing - it is a disgrace. Good job only I go in it really!

Kepp up the blogging - Love Bex xxxx

Kelly K said...

Wanna come and do my car hun? It's going through the car wash today, but that's long overdue and all it's getting! Poor you with Ollie's strop - you must have been mortified!! Don't worry about his teacher though - she'll have seen it all before and will soon realise what a darling he is when he starts school.

Rachel said...

awww bless, Charlotte still has mega strops too and shell be 5 in August (youd think she was a hormonal teenager sometimes

enjoy all your new goodies and OH his car

have a good day x

Kathy said...

Oh Wow! Fancy Ollie throwing a Champion League tantrum in front of all his new school teachers - bet you were mortified! Don't worry, they'll soon realise it was a momentary aberation!

Don't flippin' ask me about orchids - mine has gone to the Orchid Hospital aka my mate Sara's house as I all but killed it. She tells me it's now thriving so I can have it back for a while - till it's on it's last legs again