Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Fed Up!

I haven't blogged for the last few days as I have been having a poohie time!! That's my main problem you see, when things are bad I clam up rather than talking about my feelings........

The nutty neighbours informed us yesterday that the fence between us is a shared one and as we are building our extension up to the fence, we cannot maintain our side - so we legally can't build upto the fence. Also as it is shared we have to pay half of whatever he does (since DH bought his new car - funny that eh?!) So this time yesterday I thought we were going to have to stop our extension. Today however I have visited my fab legal dept at work (who happen to sit 2 yeards away from me ;o)) who have said that is rubbish (would like to use stronger word but won't!). Dh phoned one of his clients who is a solicitor and he said the same. Dad went to the council offices who said we have been given planning permission to build it 10cms from the fence and that is what we can do. Funny when we have the chance to stick two fingers up they are nowhere to be seen!!

The council gave us a brochure about shared walls and fences and we now know that unless the fence is broken (which it isn't) we do not have to pay for any alterations to it. If neighbours want to change it they have to pay for it and ask us in writing for us to consider it. They also have to give 2 months notice for any work, which means our extension (which officially starts tomorrow) will be well on its way!

So he has shot himself in the foot as we never knew he had to do all this and would never have insisted on any of this had he not of pointed out about the shared bit - so all in all UPS YOURS!!

Then at work one of my team got told off this morning for a really stupid thing that he did on Saturday that has major consquences on the business. He has sulked all day and in one meeting was so embarressing I was shocked at his attitude! My new boss has told me to take this to a formal conclusion - tomorrow morning. Now I have been a boss for 6 - 7 years now and am quite high on 'the ladder' but I still hate doing this part! He is so hard to manage because he does care and when he tries he is good - he is just lazy and I need to nudge him on everything. Which means I end up doing mine and his job!

So tomorrow I have to lay down the law and I fully expect him to sulk all day tomorrow too! Like I said to boss, I drop my toddler off at nursery - I don't expect to deal with one when I get to work!

But apart from that life is good. My garden looks ace and I cannot wait for tomorrow cos the lawn is going down. Once I have worked out how to do photos I will bore you all with the photos from the work!!

Sorry for moaning and sounding negative! It was just a hard day yesterday!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Jeepers Lisa, you do know how to live, don't you?
Neighbours sound a nightmare and I'm so glad you've managed to get all that info with which to slap them in the face if they are awkward. A nice high wall will be better than a fence as it will mean you'll be able to see less of them!

As for the work bloke - well remember that you are now officially Rabbit and sort him out, silly prat to get himself in this situation anyway!

Kelly K said...

Can I come and stick two fingers up to your snotty neighbour too? I'll knock on his door and do it in his face - hehe! Or better still, stick his flippin' fence up his....ahem!