Thursday, July 20, 2006

It's been a while....!

Well, I thought I would give you all a break from my moaning to give me time to put things into perspective - and its worked!!

What has happened since last time?

The gas board advised us that our pipe went under 'his' drive and the only way to move our stuff was to dig up his drive!!! OMG!! So the nice gas man rang hubby and mentioned what an absolute XXXX this man was and was there anything he could do to help. I think the fact that he said 'don't worry, I'll refuse to like what you've done and order them to pay for a new drive for me'!! So our builder came up with a cunning plan to stop the build and go through our side. It means we don't have any gas but the only thing we use gas for is the heating - which I don't think we need at the moment!! So we did that and he was absolutley GUTTED!!

Then the builder asked if he would mind if we put some scaffolding on his drive. He said no, as long as the builder did some jobs for him. Now I've seen the list of these things and they were outrageous!! So the builder said not to bother and again his face was a picture. He then said, well they didn't put the notice of the start of work into writing so I'm going to stop the work for 31 days. The Planning and Enforcement Office have told us that they will not stop the build cos they like us and hate him and our solicitor has said to carry on - so that's what we're doing and we'll see him in court!! They're on holiday at the moment so lovely peace and quiet! As I say everyday, thank god we're not attached to him - can you imagine?!

The other bombshell is an adored loved one has been told the IVF hasn't worked and won't do. She needs to have eggs implanted. Now she is on the waiting list that is 12 months - UNLESS she can get me to donate some and she goes to the top of the list!! Thing is, maybe I want another one at some point and I have had to decide which one to do - the hardest decision I think I have ever had to make. A very good friend helped me through the darkest times and now I think I know the right thing to do..............I think so anyway!!

Good news today - got back in touch with Jo. She was a very good friend and I loved her hubby too. We all used to work together and it was fab. We had a big misunderstanding when baba was born and haven't really spoken since. All kissed and made up today and agreed we were both a 'pair of prats'!!

Quite hot here today!! I hate this weather - love Autumn passionately!!

Well there you go. Kathy said blogging was for letting it all out and I have!!

Oooooh forgot to say have nearly finished the nursery girls leaving pressies. I just have one more to make, I'm going to alter a notice thingy but I have seen Sue's and Lythan's and am not sure mine could ever look that good!! But I'll let you see it!

(Once I figure out how to put piccies on!).

One more thing, I was asked to make a jewellery set for a 21st birthday last week. She got given it yesterday and cried when she opened it - how cool do I feel?!!!

See y'all soon!

xxxx

1 comment:

Kathy said...

You don't do things by half, Lisa do you???
I think you should keep copious notes on all that happens with this build then write it all up as a book and make your fortune!