Sunday, April 08, 2007

DCM Challenge

Well here is my attempt at this week's DCM challenge - Art Attack!

I dare you to make a card inspired by a work of art. If the original art is out of copyright (this happens when the creator has been dead for 70 years or more) then you may use elements of the original artwork in your piece. Otherwise its inspiration only. Look out for colours, patterns, textures, compositions, shapes or themes that inspire you, and remember to show us the piece of art that inspired you to create so we can see the common ground.


The picture is La Belle Dame Sans Merci by Sir Frank Dicksee. This is my all time fav picture although I do love alot of the Pre Raphaelites. I did own a oil copy of this, was taking it to the framers to be fixed and it was pinched off my backseat ;o( but one day I'll get myself another one!



Apparently my sister always smiles when she sees this piccy cos it reminds her of me!



So thank you DCM - loved this challenge!



xxx


11 comments:

artfulstampin said...

I love this painting too!

Rhi said...

Gorgeous Lisa, I love the pre raphelite style and its fab what you've done with it.

Rhi x

Gillian said...

Oh Lisa this is beautiful...the flower and BG match the picture perfectly... Lovely card :o)

Andrea C (Frog) said...

Lovely lisa .

Andrea xx

Card Bored Kitty! said...

I love your take on this - the colours are so yummy!

Sam said...

Ooooooh love the image you've used...great matching up of colours too ;o)

BondGirl said...

Fab Card lisa, I love the colours and the painting is beautiful. Thanks for joining in

Paula J Atkinson said...

Fab card. Love the painting.

Anonymous said...

mmmm you know what I think - mind you you have done a great job shame about the picture though

Kathy said...

Lovely card Lisa, love the colours you've used and the pic is beautiful,

Sheila said...

Gorgeous colours and love the picture.