Monday, September 10, 2007

I am a patchwork quilt!!



OK - stay with me on this one!! Following on from Em's journal for her mum, I have been thinking about how I can do something similar. Thinking about mine, I decided not to dedicate this to my mum alone, and get other people to have some input. Then I was thinking about a quilt my mum was making and how there were lots of different sections of patchwork and when you put them all together, they make a quilt.

So this is the basis of my journal. All the special people in my life are the bits of patchwork - and when you put them together they make me, the quilt! Yeah I know - very out there but it sounded ok in my head!!

Here's the intro - might make the mush a bit clearer *blush*

I am a Patchwork Quilt!!

I believe that people are moulded by two things. One is their life experience, things that happen to them to make them react in their individual ways.

The other is the people who are in their lives. Now we all have lots of people in our lives that make our days brighter, ask how we are, make us worry etc but there is a group of people who make us the people who we truly are. Without these people, you would not feel whole.

These people are the individual pieces of patchwork, and when they are put together they make me, the quilt!

The purpose of this album is to find out about my pieces of patchwork. Who they are, what is their relationship to me, why are they so important to me. They have been provided with a number of questions, and their answers will make the overall quilt…….me!

This is my heirloom because this is who I truly am, due to the people who I love in my life.

And here is my book. It is a 7Gypsies one, and the flap at the end lifts as an envelope so all the answers from my patchwork people are stored on their individual pages......AJH is just an example (is DH) and the others are being completed over time. oh and the quilt of the front page is a piece of patchwork that I pinched from Mum's sewing room ;o)

sorry about the quality of scanning!





5 comments:

Steph said...

Oh my lord - that is absolutely stunning!! And such a wonderful and touching idea! (I may have to steal it in the furture!)

Carol said...

lise - what an awesome idea. I just love it. x

Anonymous said...

so bloody lovely I KNEW it would be

what a cool idea

Em said...

You already know that I think it is a completely fantabulous idea, and now I've actually "seen" it - well, I know I was right!!!

Cannot wait to see more of this work in progress Lise, well done you.

Kathy said...

Beautiful idea Lisa and a beautiful book