Thursday, October 25, 2007

Somebody stop me!

Last night I started on more JB challenges, even though the time is closed I am determined to try them all! So I started on the fasten it challenge. So I did an A4 gatefold card for Lisa and Dave's engagement......................9 cards later I finished!!! They are very simple but I really enjoyed doing them and now have all the cards for events leading upto chrimbo like mum's bday and Gail and Rob's anniversary!
I won't show all 9 cos they are pretty much the same. All have strips down the front, with eyelets and ribbon to close. Inside they have an insert of vellum with a rub on poem / saying underneath so it shows through a bit. Am quite happy with them, and even DH has one for his bday!
Here is G & R's anniversary which I am pleased with cos their wedding colours were red and black:
("All love is sweet, given or returned")

And this is mum's which I thought it looked a bit like a quilt!


Same insert inside, just with another flower rather than a smushy poem ;o)

And this is Lisa and Dave's engagement (WOO HOO!!!) Lisa doesn't do fancy so I kept it plain. (when I say doesn't do fancy the wedding is going to be in a field and we all have to wear wellies apparently lol!)


It's got 'together forever' down the front and inside under the vellum there is "to get the full value of joy you must have someone to divide it with'.

And then this is the Literacy and Numeracy challenge, my godson Max's bday card. I saw the poem and knew it was for Maxy!




'Listen to the mustn'ts child
Listen to the don'ts
Listen to the shouldn'ts
The Impossibles, the won'ts
Listen to the never haves.
Then listen close to me.....
Anything can happen child
Anything can be'

(Sounds a bit godmotherish to me!)



And then today I have sorted out all the 100's of boxes in the spare room and turned it into a guest room............................so need to lie down now!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are rocking I know you said you had made a gatefold card you lied you made loads all gorgeous


BUT no news on your circus skills!! how high was the trapeze

Did you tame that lion

How many custard pies did you throw


oooo and did you wear clean knickers PMSL you so do not want to be on a high wire with yesterdays undies!!!

Carol said...

Lise - you are on OVERDRIVE at the minute :)

Some fab creations - loving the fasten it cards :)

Kathy said...

wow! Lisa you're on a roll, girl so many cards made, you're putting me to shame that's for sure.

Hope it's all going well with you