Monday, January 14, 2008

My little things, plus .....

12th Jan
Savor life's tiny delights---a crackling fire, a glorious sunset, a hug from a child, a walk with a friend, a cup of soup, a kiss behind the ear.
John Anthony

Well here is my little delight,

I thought about this quite a bit cos I have so many delights in my life. But for me, my dh and baby and family are so much more than a delight! Then I got a text from my friend and I decided on my phone being my small delight.

I love getting texts from my friends, and I get at least one every day. To me this means that there is someone out there thinking about me and wondering how I am. Over the last 12 months I have had quite a bit going on, and my friends have been there all the way. They remember when I have dr's appointments etc and always seem to know when to send the 'how did it go' text. I watch a tv programme (one in particular) and me and Em chat all the way through it (I say chat, I actually mean bitch and destroy them all the way through!).

I sit in really boring meetings and talk to Sue and cos I am senior management in charge of emergencies, then this is completely fine to do lol!

I have met a number of people through the internet and they have become some of the most important people in my life, I am more honest and open with them than I ever am with the people who I see every day. They know me better than most people who have known me for years and they check in with me by using that little piece of technology that is my phone - so yeah, it's more than just something to order the chinese on ;o)

13th Jan

"When in doubt, take a bath."
Mae West

Sorry Anna but you have NO chance of getting a piccie of me in the bath lol! It is bad enough doing the self portraits when I am dressed!!

But the bath is a special place for me. Before Ollie was born I used to have lots of long bubble baths, tons of bubbles, surrounded by candles and my fav music on in the background, and most importantly the door LOCKED!! It was my wind down time and I loved it!

Then I got pregnant and really hated them, I hated being so hot!

And then the baby came. One big thing that has always upset me was when I had Ollie I was very poorly and was unconcious for 4 days after he was born. I missed alot of his 'firsts', his first bath being one of them. I really wish I'dve been there! But when we got home I have to say the bath time was one of the most stressful things we did! We bought an inflatable bath and DH and I both did the bath time. There was lots of warm bubbles and soft towels, and two adults taking hours to bathe this tiny thing! He was soooo slippery! Was very stressful! And then of course he got older and bathtime become his and daddy's playtime!

Ironically about 5 weeks ago I fancied a bath on a Sunday night. So I light the candles, and filled it with bubbles and got in. MAN I have missed those baths! So now every Sunday becomes my bath night. Now I don't have a lock on the door and I have a 6 year old coming in every 10 mins to ask me where x is and why does he have to do y?! I don't have the music on anymore, but I guess Ollie is the music!

13th Jan

"Attempt the impossible in order to improve your work.”
Bette Davis
I want you to really think about this quote today . What did you attempt today that improved your day?

Today has been a very weird day for me - today I phoned in sick to work! Now usually I battle every illness and drag myself in. I detest being ill and hate wimps who call in sick.....so for me to do it, was a big thing. I have a cold and feel terrible. So I figured I would take a couple of days to get better rather than do what I usually do and force myself in and take weeks to get better! I also finished a friend's bday pressie. Have been stressing over this, what do you make the winner of BOB Altered winner - jewellery etc - noooooooooo, you give yourself that extra little challenge lol! But all done, so big achievement today.

Going to do my 2 o/s lo's tonight and tomorrow (bleary eyes permitting ;o)) and feel so motivated and excited! I can't believe how 'into' the 365 I have got! Tis fab!

Lastly - I found some nutty family photos that I wanted to share.


And while we are talking about Bette Davis have a look at this!

And then my sister!


3 comments:

Em said...

What a deliciously long post Mrs H!

Bless, I know what you mean about mobile phones, I feel exactly the same (hugs)

OMG I so didn't know about you being poorly after having Ollie, how awful for you...

Oh, and "bitch and destroy" ??? People would never believe that of little ol' me! pmsl!

Carol said...

aaaw babes, i'm sorry you're feeling poorly :(

i dont quite understand your liking for mobile phones you know. Since i got the "dodgy" thumb, it's a blooming nightmare to text -takes me forever LOL LOL

i love keeping in contact with my friends though, i guess my laptop means the same to me as your phone :)

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! is it me, is it me :) how excited am i LOL (thats of course presuming you dont know another BOB LOL)

luvs ya xx

Kathy said...

Fab post Lisa - good to catch up with you at last