Thursday, January 24, 2008

All cried out

Well today did not start well. I have a guy that works in my team who is ace. We get on so well, we have the same sense of humour, we are very sarcastic and most people don't realise we are taking the mickey. We work really well together and he is on my list of favourite people. Well we were in a meeting this morning and he got a phone call from one of his best mates. His mate went to his dr cos he had a bad cough, ended up having to have his lung drained and for some reason it wouldn't heal. Well the phone call today was to tell him that he had a rare form on lung cancer and he has a couple of months left.

Now my team mate is 24, the most laid back person I have ever met, happy go lucky and I literally watched him fall to pieces. We sat in the meeting room and he just lost it. It was one of the hardest things I have ever done and seen in my life!

So I sent him home, with instructions to talk to people and not keep everything in (cos I know ALL about that).

Then my phone rang and it was the vets. I took the bunnies in this morning for their 'op' and yep of course..................Joe died under the aneathestic. Joe is the brown bonkers one on red bull and I literally sobbed like a baby! I am soooo gutted! Ollie didn't know they were going in so I rang DH to see what we should do. He couldn't actually understand me the first time I rang him cos I was crying too hard *blush* Well we decided to see if the neighbour had any more (cos he did say if anything happened..........).

So we now have a Joe the second. He is a complete exact replica of bonkers bunny so we'll see. I know it is wrong to lie etc but after losing Casper, we really did not think he could take losing Joe. So keep your fingers crossed that JII will pass the test!

So I am all cried out today!

2 comments:

Em said...

OMG how much more can you cope with???

You already know my thoughts on the bunny, and that I think that you are 100% right to fib to Ollie about it.

And I'll tell you what, anyone that disagrees with that can meet me in a dark alleyway and explain otherwise.... you are a FAB mum and don't ever forget it.

Consider yourself TOLD.

Loves you loads xxxx

Carol said...

oh babes, i am so sorry. what an awful day for you :(

Just call me if you need someone to talk too, i'm here 24-7

(((((hugs)))))