Sunday, December 14, 2008

Life changing week!

And that might sound OTT but I promise that is what it feels like!

Monday - went to work, Ollie went to his Beavers xmas party.

Tuesday - had an interview for the teaching job I have always wanted and why I am studying for the PGCE. Have not had an external interview for 15 years so was very scary! I had to do a 10 minute presentation and then was interviewed for another hour. Then went to college.

Wednesday - they said they would let me know today, so when it got to 7pm I figured I hadn't got it and had decided I didn't really want it anyway, and I would be better off not getting it and I wouldn't be any good anyways............ring ring, well done you got the job!!! So I asked for the night to think about it - despite my husband, sister and parents screaming cos I got it!!

Thursday - went into work, and realised how much I wanted the teaching job so I rang up college and accepted. Then that night went out for our team night out - which felt awkward (however the 4th pint managed to help ;o))

Friday - I handed in my notice. Now Em is getting cross with me at this stage cos I have got my dream job and why am I sad? Because I have only ever worked for this company since leaving uni, and I have been there for 15 years! So I did it - and saw genuine shock from my colleagues! I was ok until I had to tell my team. We are such a good and positive team now and tbh the only reason why I would stay is because of them.........so that was a tough meeting! I kept it together and then went and sobbed in my car for half an hour! But then I felt much better!

Saturday - I felt in real shock that my week had actually taken this route! But dh took me to Hobbycraft and Pizza Hut so I felt much better!

Sunday - mum and dad took us out for lunch today to say well done - which is weird cos I have been focusing on the bad stuff of leaving my job and NOT on the positive side of getting my dream job!!! So now I am a happy bunny and looking forward, not backwards!

Atm moment the boy is watching Jumanji, which is fab cos I have wanted him to watch it for ages! He is loving it - which I thought he would. Then tonight he is bowling with his football club!

Of course - I haven't taken hardly any photos this week! So I may have to be a bit more creative!

Looking forward to next week, I have an Art from the Heart course, Secret Santa at work, Ol's 7th birthday and finish work for chrimbo! I don't know how my 25 days of december is going to cope with much more! (and I am almost keeping up - just a few more to do!)

2 comments:

Steph said...

WELL DONE!!!!

You so deserve it and I just know you are going to be FAB.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! That's such FAB news!!