Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Mixed Emotions

Well, we have been waiting for a court summons for a while now........I didn't tell you what happened with the nutty neighbour! It involved him screaming and shouting at me and my boy in the middle of the street - threatening and f'ing and blinding (to the point my 4 year old asked me what a c**t was!!!). So last night we got a missed recorded delivery notice through the door to 'The occupiers of .....' - so that's it we thought. I went to pick it up today and it is a letter from next door. Telling us he would like to resolve this issue and he would like us to confirm in writing to promise to pay towards some of the replacement fence should we ever need to replace it in the future.

Funny, 5 weeks ago he wanted a brand new 6 foot fence all the way down his drive and we had to pay 100% of it.

We thinks he has been to see a solicitor lol!! It is the biggest backtrack on record!!!! No wonder he hasn't spoken to us in 5 weeks!

Then I got to work and my fab new boss told me she has been seconded to a major project and today was her last day. She has only been my boss for about 4 months. Before this I had the boss from HELL!! He was awful - but I love my job so I was in catch 22. Then I get a great one but I suppose that is the problem having a great boss, the MD will want her managing the biggest most important project in the company!!! It is a massive job for her and yay for girl power!!

My new one from tomorrow is ok, I know him quite well and he knows nothing about disaster recovery - which keeps me 'in there' ;o)

So a sad and happy day.

We have both agreed we feel like a weight has been lifted off our shoulders - the law is on our side wooooooooo hoooooooooo!

And I have just a promise to a friend not to look at something cos it will spoil a surprise - and it is very hard not to look and I have another 14 days not to look yet!!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Really pleased to hear the neighbour issue may be easing up at last.

Hope the new boss works out well.